Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Update: Tuesday, April 14, 2020

I hope that everyone had a great Easter weekend despite the challenges that everyone is facing right now. I'm sure that it was more quiet than usual. I know that it felt different for me not being able to see family during this weekend.

I want to let you know that I have uploaded the math work for today and this week we will focus on reviewing addition and begin rounding. The files will be found in your child's math folder in their Google Drive. I will continue to upload current work as the week progresses and I will inform you of which folder I have placed the material.

Students should be using 100's charts, or base 10's to assist them with adding. At home, you could do a Google search for hundreds charts and base 10 materials and print them out if you are able to do so. Alternatively, your child can use virtual manipulatives found at this website: https://toytheater.com/category/teacher-tools/virtual-manipulatives/

I have been asked by a few parents when our next Google Meet will occur. We will have our second meeting tomorrow (Wednesday, April 15) at 10:00. Please review the etiquette and expectations with your child posted last week on the blog. Just a reminder that students will go to their Gmail and click on the current link for the meeting. Please ensure that your child clicks on the link for the April 15th email. I know that students are excited to see their teacher and friends, so the purpose of this meeting will not be instructional and it is optional.

On another note, I want to thank all those students who have completed last week's work and who have sent me a copy of their completed tasks. Now that I have received student work in a variety of ways, I wish to inform you of what has worked out the best for me. If you save me your child's work by uploading it to their Google Drive and saving it as either a Google Doc or a PDF file, I can add comments/feedback to the original document. In this way, you will not have to email me their work. The second best method is to take photos of their work and email it to me. The downside to this method is that I cannot make comments to the actual photo for your child to read.

Please continue to check this blog daily as I will continue to update it frequently to avoid sending out emails. If you have any questions about this week, or the assigned tasks, please let me know.

Have a great week!

Mr. Blais


No comments:

Post a Comment